For parish details – click here
St Joseph’s encourage the involvement and participation of the parish community and wider community. It also establishes and maintains positive communications within the school and wider community; and will deepen the relationship between students, staff, parents, parish and wider community.
Our Parish Community is:
- Invited to school celebrations such as liturgical celebrations, concerts, presentation evenings, social activities and sporting events.
- Updated on school news by way of weekly school newsletters being placed in the Church foyer.
- Kept informed of school information through the Principal attending Parish Meetings and important dates being placed in the church bulletin.
- Made aware of the school’s religious program through the Religious Education Co-ordinator and Principal meeting with the Parish Priest.
- Invited to speak at different school events, for example, members of Parish Committees.
- The school is featured in the local newspaper regularly with current issues and events that have been happening in the school community.
- The Staff attend joint inservice opportunities offered by the Diocesan Office and other sources.
- Updated on school news by way of weekly school newsletters being placed in the local shops.
- The wider community is invited to support the school community by providing specialist services such as guest speakers and use of venues for special occasions.
- The school plans excursions within the Wider Community to appropriate venues.